Terms & Conditions
Please note, Owners Scheme Owners Shares Terms and Conditions will be included within your Share Agreement, which will be sent to you following your purchase (or can be requested prior). Title to the share will only be effected upon the safe and signed receipt of this document.
All other terms and conditions relating to Owners Scheme Lease Shares, Newmarket Racing Club Membership and the website can be found in the relevant section below.
Newmarket Racing Club Lease Share General Terms and Conditions
By acquiring a Newmarket Racing Club lease share, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- These terms along with the Syndicate Terms and Conditions form the basis of the contract between Newmarket Racing Club Limited (‘the Company’) and the individual holder of a lease share (‘the Shareholder’).
The additional Syndicate Terms and Conditions can be found on the sales page for the Horse in question, or can be found here;
Iconique Syndicate Terms and Conditions
- Further definitions of words used in these terms can be found in the Syndicate Terms and Conditions.
- The Company conducts the business of the formation, management and marketing of racehorse partnerships and syndicates.
- Payment for a lease share either online through the Company’s website at www.NewmarketRacingClub.com, or offline, shall be deemed as an application to become a shareholder in the partnership that exists in the specific syndicate pursuant to the Terms and Conditions.
4.1 Application shall be deemed accepted by the Company following a confirmation email sent to the Shareholder by the Company. The date of this email shall constitute the effective date of this agreement.
4.2 In the case where a share has been gifted, it is accepted that the applicant has conferred upon the recipient the undertaking of these terms and conditions, whereupon the recipient, as the rightful owner of the share, shall accept the title and responsibilities of the Shareholder.
- The Partnership shall constitute a syndicate for the purpose of compliance with the rules of racing (as prescribed by the British Horseracing Authority) and the owning and racing of the Horse. Hereinafter the Partnership shall be referred to as the ‘Syndicate’.
- Where the following terms refer to the ‘Horse’, this means the horse specific to the Syndicate being entered into as set out in the Syndicate Terms and Conditions only.
- Upon acquiring the lease share, it is required that the Shareholder provides their full name, email address, postal address, date of birth and national insurance number. Date of birth is required by the BHA to register the Syndicate, and national insurance number is required by HMRC for the purposes of VAT registration.
- The ‘Duration’ will be specific to the Syndicate in question, the end date and terms of which can be found on both the share sales page, and in the Syndicate Terms and Conditions.
- At the end of the Duration, the Horse may be available for an additional term, at which point previous Shareholders will have first refusal. However, an additional term will require a new contract.
- The Syndicate will confer on Shareholders for the Duration, an owner’s interest in the Horse for the purposes of racing.
- Once the cost (as set out in the Syndicate Terms and Conditions) has been met and confirmation has been received, the Shareholder understands that no refunds will be made available should the Shareholder wish to leave the Syndicate before the end of the Duration.
11.1 The Shareholder does however, in line with Consumer Legislation, have the right to cancel the contract entered into with the Company within 14 days following confirmation, and a full refund will be made.
11.2 Cancellation outside of these 14 days will only be considered in exceptional circumstances, and the Company’s decision is final.
- The share price is systematically calculated to cover all costs associated with the racing and training of the Horse, covering the registration, training, racing, travel, veterinary, administration and all other ancillary expenses incurred in the racing and training of the Horse, for the Syndicate, for the Duration. This payment represents the shareholders only capital contribution.
- It is not the intention of the Company to keep accounts of expenditure or otherwise. The Share price paidby the Shareholder is a ‘catch-all’ figure agreed at the time of payment. It shall be the responsibility of the Company to ensure that the Syndicate operates within budget and the Shareholder shall in no circumstances be liable for any sums over and above those specifically mentioned in this agreement.
- A full and final statement detailing income and expenditure of the Syndicate will be prepared and available to Shareholders within 12 months of the end of the term.
- Should the Company not have sold all of the Syndicate shares, it is at the Company’s absolute discretion to choose to alter the price of shares throughout the Duration.
- The number of shares available in each Syndicate shall be set out in each individual Syndicate Terms and Conditions.
- The Syndicate agrees that all administration and management decisions, specifically including those relating to the Horse, race entries, where the horse is trained, who by, and all other management detail shall be determined by the Company’s management (‘Management’) alone. Management decisions are final.
- The Syndicate will be the registered owner of the Horse, and the Horse will race in the Newmarket Racing Club registered silks.
- Shareholders will be kept informed of all elements of the Horse’s racing career and training throughout the Duration including news and updates via the website, email, phone or other media. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you agree to be contacted by the Company.
- Shareholders will be entitled to visit the stables at times prescribed by the trainer in order to see the Horse in training. In some instances, there may be a restriction on numbers due to health and safety reasons, in which case a ballot will be held.
- Owners Badges will be available to Shareholders whenever the Horse runs. There are restrictions in place at racecourses, for health and safety reasons, on the number of Owners allowed into the Parade Ring and Winner’s Enclosure. In the case where more Shareholders have applied for Owners Badges than are available, the allocation will be determined by ballot. The Company will endeavour to access additional badges if required – a small charge may be necessary.
- Shareholders shall be entitled to a pro-rata dividend of 90% of all owners’ prizemoney (including any bonuses) won by the Syndicate throughout the Duration, as calculated and distributed by Weatherbys. The remaining 10% shall be retained by the Company. The percentage amount allocated to each Shareholder will be equal to that of the percentage equivalent to the number of shares held by the Shareholder. Prize money shall be distributed by the Company in December each year.
- Shareholders understand that the purpose of the involvement in the Syndicate is for the enjoyment of co-ownership in a racehorse and not to receive a financial return.
- The Shareholder shall have no other entitlements or rights in the horse. By acquiring a lease share, the Shareholder understands that the Company offers shares on a lease basis, that they do not own any part of the Horse throughout the Duration, and that the Horse is owned fully by third parties. Shareholders will not have any entitlement to any sale price should the horse be sold within or after the Duration.
- Once the Horse has been declared to run, Shareholders understand that the Company and the trainer have the right to take the horse out of the race as they see necessary. Management and the trainer’s decision are final. The Company will endeavour to relay this information to Shareholders as soon as possible.
- In the result of death or injury of the Horse for which the consequence is that the horse can no longer race, or if a case may arise that it is determined the syndicate needs to cease before the end of the Duration due to the Horse not performing as expected on the racecourse and/or it is decided that continuing training is not in the best interests of the Horse’s welfare, the Syndicate will terminate. In this case, Shareholders will be entitled to a refund of £50 per month of unfulfilled Duration.
- All Shareholders and the Company agree to be bound by the Rules of Racing as enforced by The British Horseracing Authority.
- Any person banned from entering racecourses or disqualified from participating in any form by the British Horseracing Authority cannot become a Shareholder.
- All Intellectual Property including those intellectual property rights relating to the image and name of any racehorse, the Company’s name and logo, the Newmarket Racing Club registered racing colours, any images or designs are, and shall remain, legally and beneficially vested with the Company alone.
- The Company will endeavour to communicate with Shareholders in the form of emails, website updates, texts and phone calls in relation to events and races. The Company will not be responsible should a Shareholder fail to check their communications.
- By obtaining lease shares, Shareholders give the Company their consent to use their image in any live or recorded video or picture, public material, promotional materials or on the Company website.
- Lease shares or any elements of such cannot be sold, loaned or gifted to any third parties unless previously agreed between the Company. By doing so a Shareholder could be in breach of their contract and their share could be cancelled immediately. In the event of death, the Shareholder’s share will be deemed void. Management’s decisions are final and binding.
- All Syndicate shareholders must be aged 18 or over.
- Management has the right to expel any Shareholders of the Syndicate who fail to abide by these Terms & Conditions. At which point the Shareholder’s rights to the lease share will cease immediately and the Shareholder will no longer be part of, or associated with, the Syndicate. No refund shall be made. Management decision is final and binding.
- Failure of the Company, at any time or for any duration, to enforce these Terms and Conditions does not constitute as a waiver of the terms.
- The Shareholder understands that there may be occasion due to exceptional circumstances (such as, but not limited to, technical fault, weather, illness, disease outbreaks) that some elements of an owner’s interest may become unavailable. The Company will endeavour to enforce contingency plans in such cases, and/or postponement of events where possible which shall be communicated to Shareholders.
- The Company reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions, and the Syndicate Terms and Conditions at any time. Shareholders of the Syndicate shall be notified upon doing so.
Newmarket Racing Club Membership Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions exist between you and Newmarket Racing Club Limited (company number 09069060) (“the Club”). By applying for Membership with Newmarket Racing Club you agree to be bound by, and comply with, these Terms and Conditions.
Information supplied to Newmarket Racing Club Members (“the Member”) by the Club is for the exclusive use of the individual member and must not be reproduced or distributed in any way without permission. Members must be 18 years of age or over. Please read our full copyright notice below.
If we make significant changes to these Terms and Conditions, Newmarket Racing Club Management (‘’the Club Management) will take appropriate steps to bring such changes to your attention (such as by placing a notice of change in a prominent position on the Newmarket Racing Club website). It is your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions from time to time to ensure you agree with them and your continued membership will be deemed to be your acceptance of any changes to the Terms and Conditions.
Membership Terms and Conditions
1.1 To apply for Newmarket Racing Club membership, you must fill in your details and make the corresponding payment via accepted methods. Once payment has been processed, you have agreed to membership for the following 12 month period.
1.2 Membership is available to purchase through either an upfront payment of £499, or through instalments.
1.2.1 In the case of both payment options, Members are bound by these terms following the first payment.
1.2.2 The duration of membership shall be a full 12 months from the date the membership is activated, irrespective of the chosen payment option.
1.2.3 Failure to make any instalments of the agreed payment plan can be considered a breach of contract. If a membership payment instalment fails on first attempt, the account will be placed on hold and the member will have 7 days from the date of the failed payment to fulfil the required sum. If payment is not fulfilled after 7 days, the membership could be cancelled, and no refund will be available.
1.3 Membership will entail a 12 month period from the date of active membership to 12 months thereafter (“the duration”). Membership will remain at a fixed price as stated on application regardless of the start date. Refunds and/or discounts will not be available for those applicants who may wish to shorten their membership.
1.3.1 In the case where a Membership has been provided complimentary as a result of a sales promotion, competition prize or other, the duration may be longer or shorter than the defined 12 months. This will be communicated to the Member from the outset. Acceptance of the membership deems the Member to have accepted the duration therein along with these terms and conditions.
1.4 Membership will be considered active once the Member receives their Confirmation email from the Club and will continue for 12 months. Confirmation emails will include account log in details for the Members area of the Club website, and any other required log-ins.
1.5 At the end of the Membership duration period, your membership will expire and you will have the option to renew. All membership terms and conditions will automatically apply to the renewal membership. By renewing your membership, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions as set out here.
1.7 Only one user may be logged in to a single website account at any time and this user may only have one active internet session. Any evidence of this condition not being met will render the account holder liable, his privileges withdrawn and there will be no refund of subscription.
- Refund Policy
Consumer Legislation entitles the Member to cancel a new contract within 14 days of the date it is concluded (ie. membership confirmed). A buyer may cancel their membership in writing within 14 days of purchase and the Club will refund the full payment. Each new 12 month term will entail the commencement of a new contract. No other refunds of any nature after this time will be entertained.
- Membership Benefits
Newmarket Racing Club confers on the Member (for the duration of their membership with the Club) certain benefits associated with membership. The full benefits set out are as follows: –
– Full twelve months membership from date of joining
– Quality horses exclusively trained in top Newmarket yards
– Stable visits to meet the horses, Trainers, Jockeys and staff
– Watch Club’s horses work on Newmarket’s world famous gallops
– Owners badge opportunities with access to Parade Ring and Winners Enclosure
– Regular exclusive updates and newsletter on club horses and events
– Exclusive betting information on the club horses
– Distinctive metal members badge
– Share of prize monies
– Invitation to exclusive ‘members only’ events
– Annual membership of NewmarketTrainers.com (worth £299)
– Annual membership of Newmarket Bulletin (worth £399)
– RacingTV subscription at an exclusive NRC rate of just £10 per month (usually £24.95)
Please note: Due to unforeseen circumstances relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be some limitations to the actions or benefits as originally set out by the club. The Club is committed to carrying out all activities in a safe and COVID secure manner within the guidelines set out by the government, and we require our members to do the same. The rules are ever changing as we progress through the pandemic, which means there may be times where we are unable to execute certain benefits for members – this will of course be relayed to members as applicable.
- Terms and Conditions of Membership Benefits
4.1 Club membership will include a number of Club owned (or part owned) or leased (or part leased) horses held under the Newmarket Racing Club name for the benefit of its Members. Please see the conditions set out under Clause 5 for more information on this.
4.1.1 The number of Club owned horses may vary throughout the duration of the membership.
4.1.2 The Club intends to have horses in training at all times. However, in unforeseen circumstances they may be an occasion where there are no Club owned horses in training. In this instance, the Club Management will endeavour to do everything in their power to rectify the situation as soon as possible and obtain further stock.
4.2 When a Newmarket Racing Club owned horse is due to run, Members may apply for an Owners Badge for the event which provides the opportunity to meet the Trainer and Jockey and enter the parade ring.
4.2.1 If, in the case, more Members have applied for the badges than the number of Owners Badges available, the badges will be allocated by ballot on the first occasion. Following this, Owners Badges will be distributed on rotation to provide an even share of allocation.
4.2.2 The Club will always endeavour to apply for more badges from the racecourse where required. However, Owners Badges are not guaranteed and are subject to availability.
4.2.3 Badges will initially be made available to the owners and/or leaseholders of the horse in question, and thereafter, will be allocated to Members.
4.2.4 In the case that you don’t achieve a badge, the Club will endeavour to negotiate a discounted entrance badge on your behalf. The entrance badges will not guarantee entrance to Owners Enclosure, Parade Ring, or Winner’s Enclosure, and are subject to availability. Any additional badges will also be subject to the relevant racecourse’s terms & conditions.
4.2.5 Terms and restrictions will apply to Owners Badges as set out by the racecourse. Entry to the Parade Ring is valid for the race of the Club horse only.
4.2.6 Members must abide by the rules of the racecourse. Failure to do so may result in the Member being restricted from applying for Owners Badges in the future.
4.3 Members will be entitled to a share of the prize money for races which have taken place within the duration of their active membership. Prize money is allocated to and held by the Club where entitled if one of the Club horses is placed or wins.
4.3.1 The sum distributed per specific race is determined by the relative net total paid to the Club by Weatherbys (excluding VAT), the administrators of British racing or the equivalent in whatsoever country the horse shall run, minus the sum of the trainer’s commission, jockey’s commission, and the logistical, administrative and supplementary fees relative to the horse and event. The remaining sum will be allocated between Owners, Club Management, and Members.
4.3.2 Of the remaining sum, 5% will then be held for equal distribution between Members. The sum distributed therefore will be dependent on the number of Members at the time of each race.
4.3.3 Prize money will be distributed on an annual basis in December, and allocation between Members will be dependent on factors such as level and length of membership at the time. Members will not be entitled to a share of prize monies received prior to their membership becoming active or outside of the duration of their membership.
4.3.4 If for any reason a Member should leave their membership, or be expelled from the club, they will not be entitled to any prize monies.
4.3.5 There can never be any guarantee on the level of prize money, given that this is dependent on how well the horses perform on the racecourse and the quantity of Members at the point of each race. Membership of the Club is intended to be for entertainment purposes only. It is not an investment opportunity and should not be considered as such.
4.4 Members will receive exclusive updates and betting information on the club horses
4.4.1 This information is provided in good faith – the Club accept no responsibility for any loss or damages that may result.
4.4.2 This information will be provided to Members either through the website, email or other means. It is the Members responsibility to ensure they check for updates prior to any event.
4.5 All Club Members will receive a distinctive metal Newmarket Racing Club Members badge following activation of their membership.
4.5.1 Members understand these badges are for aesthetic and/or identification purposes only. Badges will have no jurisdiction outside of the purpose to identify the Member as a Newmarket Racing Club Member only and are strictly non-transferable.
4.5.2 Newmarket Racing Club Members badges will not allow entry to any event under the benefits of the Club – unless specifically stated for individual events. For racecourse events, Members will always require an additional entry badge.
4.5.3 When a Member chooses to wear their Club badge, they must ensure their behaviour is not prejudicial to the good reputation of the Club and its Members. Any failure to do so may result in membership being cancelled and benefits removed. Club Management’s decision is final and binding.
4.6 Stable visits will be organised for Members a minimum of twice per annum.
4.6.1 Members may be entitled to bring guests. An additional charge may be applicable. This will be on a case by case basis. Number of potential guest spaces to be confirmed dependent on availability.
4.6.2 Stable visits will take place on mutually agreed dates between the Club and Trainers.
4.6.3 The Club horse and/or Trainer may not necessarily be in attendance at the stable visit if they have prior engagements. Dates will be determined to best suit all parties.
4.6.4 Members and their guests must act accordingly when around horses and must act under the guidance of their chaperone at all times. Failure to do so may result in the Member being excluded from future stable visits.
4.6.5 The Club shall not be held responsible for any loss or injury sustained during the stable visits. Stable visits are at the Members own risk.
4.6.6 There may be occasion where the club is unable to carry out stable visits due to unforeseen circumstances (eg COVID 19 Pandemic). The Club will endeavour to resume normal practice as soon as is considered safe to do so by both the Government and the Club.
4.7 Members may be invited to exclusive ad hoc events and hospitality by the Club throughout the duration of their membership.
4.7.1 Events will be announced via the Club’s website or conveyed via email or other such media and the club will attempt to bring these to the attention of all Members. The club accepts no responsibility for the Members ignorance of such events.
4.7.2 Members may be entitled to bring guests. An additional charge may be applicable. Events and additional charges will be determined on a case by case basis and clearly communicated to Members.
4.7.3 Newmarket Racing Club and/or the venue have the right to make changes to an advertised event as deemed appropriate.
4.7.4 Events are subject to cancellation at any time. This may be due to unforeseen circumstances whereby the Club or the venue are not responsible.
4.7.5 Entry and/or tickets to such events may not be sold on or transferred. Once allocated a space, there will be no refund should a Member not be able to attend.
4.7.6 Booking of such events must be made in advance and are subject to availability.
4.7.7 Individual events will have their own terms and conditions of entry and attendance which shall be abided by at all times.
4.7.8 The Club reserves the right to refuse entry and to eject Members and/or their guests from a Newmarket Racing Club event for any reason deemed appropriate. Club Management’s decision is final and binding.
4.7.9 Should a Member find issue with an event that hinders their experience, this should be brought to the attention of a member of Club Management as soon as possible who will do their best to rectify the issue. Failure to do so will render any subsequent complaint void.
4.8 Any additional terms and conditions for the use of the annual membership of NewmarketTrainers.com can be found at www.NewmarketTrainers.com. Membership will commence from the date confirmation email is received by member, for 12 months.
4.9 Any additional terms and conditions for the use of the annual membership of Newmarket Bulletin can be found at www.NewmarketBulletin.com. Membership will commence from the date confirmation email is received by member, for 12 months.
4.10 Members are entitled an exclusive RacingTV subscription rate of £10 per month.
4.10.1 The Club may share your details with RacingTV in order to set up your subscription.
4.10.2 Following initial sign-up process, the contract rests between the Member and RacingTV.
4.10.3 Unfortunately, this offer is not available to Virgin Media customers.
4.10.4 All other RacingTV terms and conditions apply as standard, and can be found at: https://www.racingtv.com/termsandconditions
4.11 Corporate Membership will include Membership benefits as set out in clause 3. All terms and conditions as relevant to the membership will apply.
4.11.1 Corporate Membership will also entail advertising benefits over the course of a year, which will entail:
– Branding insert featured on Market Squares page on both NewmarketTrainers.com and NewmarketRacingClub.com
– E-newsletter banner inclusion to NRC database
– Social Media posts promoting you/your business
– Invitations to networking events hosted throughout the year
– 2 x Champions Lawn tickets for July Festival allowing networking opportunities with like-minded businesses
4.11.2 More advertising opportunities may become available and will be communicated to Corporate Members as and when they do so.
4.11.3 Premier Enclosure badges retained under Corporate Memberships may be transferable within the company. Newmarket Racecourses own terms and conditions will apply.
4.12 Newmarket Racing Club Management will regularly review the membership benefits and have the right to introduce or withdraw benefits at any time.
- General Club Terms and Conditions
5.1 Newmarket Racing Club Limited is a wholly independent company which has no affiliation to Newmarket Racecourses, The Jockey Club, or any other commercial entity contained herein, other than the commercial arrangement to purchase badges, hospitality and other services as described.
5.2 Members understand that membership with Newmarket Racing Club does not automatically entitle them to entry or benefit of any of the previously named bodies in clause 5.1. All bookings and ticket allocations will be carried out through the Club and not directly with suppliers – unless otherwise stated.
5.3 All administration and management decisions, specifically including those relating to Club horses and trainers shall be determined by the Newmarket Racing Club Management. Club Management decisions are final.
5.4 Members understand that the full legal and equitable ownership of the Club horses remain with the registered owners, and Newmarket Racing Club Limited. Members have no legal or equitable rights in relation to any of the Club horses.
5.4.1 The selection of, purchase and selection of trainer for each horse shall be the sole responsibility of the Club Management. Management’s decision is final and binding.
5.4.2 Club Management have the right to sell and purchase Club horses as they see fit.
5.4.3 In the occasion that a Club horse is deemed suitable for retirement, Club Management and the associated owners and/or partners remain solely responsible for the relocation of the horse.
5.5 Once a Club horse has been declared to run, Members understand that the Club Management and the trainer have the right to take the horse out of the race as they see necessary. This may be due to health of the horse or conditions of the race. Club Management and the trainer’s decision are final. The Club will endeavour to relay this information to Members as soon as possible.
5.6 The Club and thereby each of its Members agree to be bound by the Rules of Racing as enforced by The British Horseracing Authority.
5.7 All Intellectual Property including those intellectual property rights relating to the image and name of any racehorse, the Newmarket Racing Club name and logo, and the Newmarket Racing Club registered racing colours are and shall remain legally and beneficially vested with the Club Management alone.
5.8 Where a Member regularly fails to abide by the relevant rules and dress code, or, acts in an inappropriate manner, the Member may be barred from attending future events and may not be able to renew his/her Club membership. In extreme circumstances the Club Management have the right to cancel Membership and the Member’s benefits will cease immediately – no refund will be made. The Club Managers decision is final and binding. Any person who may be banned from a racecourse or an encompassing body will not be eligible to become a Member of Newmarket Racing Club.
5.9 Management will endeavour to communicate with Members in the form of emails, website updates, texts and phone calls in relation to events and races. Management will not be responsible should a Member fail to check their communications.
5.10 Copyright exists in all promotional marketing materials and images therein and remain the sole property of the Club.
5.11 By obtaining Newmarket Racing Club membership, Members give the Club their consent to use their image in any live or recorded video or picture, public material, promotional materials or on the Club website.
5.12 Members are not permitted to use their membership or an associated element for any commercial purpose.
5.13 Newmarket Racing Club will inform Members of any changes/cancellations made to events or activities by either the Club or external bodies given adequate timescales. The Club will endeavour to inform Members of any last-minute changes to races or events. It is the Members responsibility to digest any such notification.
5.14 Membership or any elements of such cannot be sold to third parties. Membership or any elements of such cannot be loaned or gifted to any third parties unless previously agreed between the Club and the Member. By doing so a member could be in breach of their contract and their membership could be cancelled immediately. The Club Management’s decisions are final and binding.
5.15 Any tickets or badges issued to Members remain the property of Newmarket Racing Club at all times.
5.16 Postage costs may apply to overseas Members.
5.17 Members must be aged 18 or over.
5.18 Club Management will endeavour to apply best practice in all activities using their skill and experience.
5.19 Newmarket Racing Club Management has the right to expel any Members who fail to abide by these Terms & Conditions. At which point membership will cease immediately and the Member will no longer be entitled to any of the benefits. No refund shall be made. Club Management decision is final and binding.
These Terms and Conditions exist between you and Newmarket Racing Club. By registering with Newmarket Racing Club and using the Membership Benefits you agree to be bound by, and comply with, these Terms and Conditions.
Website Terms and Conditions
The information within this website is provided as general information only and under no circumstances does it constitute any form of advice. Newmarket Racing Club assumes absolutely no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage that may arise from the information contained within this website or materials, including any errors or omissions. Newmarket Racing Club accepts no responsibility for the information contained on linked or advertised sites or for any of the contents within these sites. Your acceptance to this statement is demonstrated by your membership with Newmarket Racing Club.
We will make every reasonable effort to ensure the website is continuously available and that interruptions to service will be kept to a minimum and, where possible, advertised in advance. However, we do not promise that the website, products or individual features will be available at all times or at specific times. There will be no right to compensation or refunds, in full or part, arising from interruptions to service or non-availability of products unless expressly covered elsewhere in these terms and conditions nor any liability accepted for losses, direct or implied, arising from the same.
I. Personal Information may be submitted by you when registering or when using the website. How your Personal Information will be used
Newmarket Racing Club will process your Personal Information to administer your membership and benefits, maintain our accounts and records, monitor website usage levels and the quality of the service we provide and to inform you, from time to time, about products and services that we consider may interest you.
II. To whom and where personal information may be disclosed
Your Personal Information may be transferred or disclosed to third parties subject to appropriate agreement, for the processing of that Personal Information on our behalf. The Group may, from time to time, retain third parties to process your Personal Information for the purposes listed above and such processing will be governed by a contract in the form required by law.
Where required by law, your Personal Information may also be disclosed to an applicable governmental, regulatory, or enforcement authority.
III. General Information & Consent
By providing your Personal Information and registering with us or logging on with us when you enter our website, you explicitly consent to the Group processing and disclosing your Personal Information for the purposes, and otherwise in the manner, set out on this page, or as otherwise provided in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. No card details will be stored on this site.
If you wish to qualify, vary, modify or limit your consent in relation to marketing communications or in circumstances where any processing of your data is likely to cause damage or distress or such other circumstances as the law allows then you may do so in accordance with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by notifying us in writing. You may also at any time request a copy of your Personal Information held by the Group. Our contact details are located in the Contact us pages of our website.
In accordance with the Terms and Conditions, Newmarket Racing Club reserves the right to alter the purposes for which it processes your Personal Information.
By using the log in area of the Newmarket Racing Club website you are accepting cookies. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies also help us to analyse web traffic. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose not to accept cookies from NewmarketRacingClub.com it will prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Other Websites & Links
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Newmarket Racing Club reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
Terms and Conditions last updated 08/03/21